Thursday 15 October 2015

When In Penang: Part 1


Back in September I had to visit Penang, Malaysia, It's a 2 hours 40 mins flight from Surabaya with AirAsia Indonesia; for the record it is no longer necessary to be concerned about the safety, it was a smooth flight. For most people Penang is all about the seafood, every corner of Penang is full of fresh-from-the-ocean shrimps, crabs, scallops, etc. But I was there for my grandparents who needed some medical attention at Gleneagles Hospital. As rumoured, their assistance is satisfactory and worth the fee, my grandparents are all well now, all ended happily.

I stayed at 2 different hotels, the first one was The Northam All Suite. One thing I adored about this hotel is the fact that they have jacuzzi in every room and it is quite spacious. My favourite spot is definitely the pool. We stayed for 2 nights here. This hotel is literally back-to-back with Gleneagles Hospital. In case you need more information click here.

The mainstream poolside shot with silk scarf from @Jo_ValliOfficial on Instagram

The second hotel is Maritime Waterfront Hotel. We were very lucky to receive a free upgrade to the Family Suite room with Sea View and 2 bedrooms. I totally recommend staying here, each room is more like an apartment unit complete with minimalist kitchen along with the appliances, dining table, spacious living area. Did I tell you that it's a 2-storey room? The master bedroom is at the upper storey facing the floor-ceiling window to the ocean. This hotel is about 20mins cab ride to Gurney area, here's the link to the site.

Minimalist Lobby of Maritime Waterfront Hotel

Floor-ceiling window
Celebratory lunch for my Grandmother's Recovery

Look out for my next post! I will go over my shopping haul or maybe I should say 'my most recently catched preys'.

Also I'd like to thank you all who have read my blog. Follow me on Instagram @floraneandhari and add my snapchat: FloraneAndhari. 

Here's some additional info about the 2 hotels:
Northam All Suite Penang
Phone no. +60 04 3701111
Address: 55 Jalan Sultan Ahmad Shah, Georgetown, Penang, 10050 Malaysia
(You can do online booking directly on their site and look out for promotions!)

Maritime Waterfront Hotel
Phone no. +60 43 763769
Address: 29B-03-05 Persiaran Karpal Singh 2, 11600 Georgetown, Penang, Malaysia
(You can do online booking directly on their site and look out for promotions!)
Location: Surabaya, Surabaya City, East Java, Indonesia

0 comments:

Post a Comment